Monday, June 30, 2008

Summer days begin!

Greetings!
In Annapolis, the beginning of the Summer is marked by an annual visit from the Blue Angels, the Navy's Flight Demonstration Team. Faith saw the Blue Angels for the first time after hearing them from inside Bethany's womb last year. She didn't know what to make of it, but in the end... she loved it.
My job picked up a more intense pace as the building manager of the world's largest single structure dormitory. I was busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest with over 60 new employees to manage, a 200,000 sq. ft. portion of Bancroft Hall going under renovation, and nearly 10,000 people sleeping in Bancroft Hall throughout the course of the Summer.
In addition to that, I began a condensed Seminary class over in Springfield, VA. Over the course of 3 weeks, I had 40 hours worth of class, reading material and assignments, with a 15 to 20 page paper to write by July 15th and a final exam that I completed before the end of June. The course was a general look at the Old Testament Prophets, and I absolutely loved it. My brain hurts... but I loved it and I look forward to studying the Old Testament Prophets more in my own person time with the Lord in the years to come.
So.. yeah... I was busy (understatement of the century).
Bethany and I both celebrated our birthdays and towards the end of the month, we vacationed in Cape May, NJ with close friends April and Michael and their

two precious children. This was Faith's first trip to the beach and also her first time on a boat (the Cape May - Lewes Ferry). What a blast and what a blessing to spend the time with April and Michael. Faith was crawling up a storm, but wasn't sure what to think of the water.

Up and coming in the month of July, we will be headed off to California for my big brother's (David's) wedding. He will be marrying Leticia in Southern California. We are planning on spending a week there, and we are all looking forward to seeing my side of the family, which just so happens to be the west side of the family (Bethany's family is the east side). In addition to that, Faith will be celebrating her first Birthday! Woohoo!!! We're just waiting for her to start walking any day now.

1 comment:

Beni Fam said...

Yay! I am so glad to read an updated on your family even if I did read it three months late. Haha. I have been thinking of you and your family and I am glad to hear you are doing well.