Wednesday, May 27, 2009

San Diego or bust!

Our house is in a box...well, many boxes I guess. Some 160+ of them to be exact! Wish I could post pics of it....the place looks really funny with nice neat labeled boxes stretching floor to ceiling throughout every room in our home! We have little pathways etched into each room to enable us to get to our beds (about the only things that haven't been boxed up!). Faith was SO adorable before bed last night. As I was putting her to bed, her crib stood exactly the same as always in the center of her room, laden with her blankets and array of favorite animals...and it wasn't unless you looked up at the walls to see that they were bare, or turned around to view the rest of her room, that you realized the boxes and the reality that "this is it! There's no turning back! San Diego or bust!" As I stood holding Faith so she could see each box and explaining where all her stuff was, and what all these boxes were doing here, I realized that our awesome packers had labled each of her boxes "Faith's room" with her name on it! It was so cute! Faith got a huge kick out of pointing to each of them, as I dramatically spelled out each letter of her name as we read them. What great professional packers we've had! They were so efficient! I actually love the way our house looks right now, even though that probably sounds strange, since it resembles a warehouse! But everything is so compact and orderly and neatly labeled....and once the movers come today, it will be completely empty! And I can begin cleaning!! ....if you haven't realized already, this is Bethany writing...John is sound asleep...but it's 4am and I couldn't sleep...and just had to get some thoughts out of my head.

Well, yes it's been 7 months since our last blog post!! (He may or may not admit it, but John's been WAYYYY too busy lately on Facebook :) to keep up with our family blog! So I am taking over!!!) I am contemplating starting to update this blog more frequently, and using it as a way to keep everyone posted on our new soon-to-be-life in San Diego, CA....but I am new to blogging, so we'll see how I do on this test run!

I mainly wanted to update everyone as of tomorrow (Thursday) the Duarte's are hitting the road for our new home in San Diego, to be more specific, Vista, CA. Yep...that's right! Faith and I will be California Girls...and Mickey will be a California Puppy! John is SO thrilled to be returning to his home state and his roots in Southern CA. So many exciting things to look forward to, yet the goodbyes in Annapolis have not been easy! It's been really hard to "feel". I think I am still numb and it hasn't hit me that in a few short weeks, the excitement of cross country travel, moving out, moving in, unpacking, decorating, will all be over, and while we have MANY exciting opportunities to connect in San Diego, it will hit me that I won't be able to see all my close friends in Annapolis anymore! Thank goodness for email and Facebook, which will keep us connected...but I know it's going to be so hard!! It's been a bit easier for John I think, because after he gets Faith, Mickey and I settled in our new home, he's going to fly back here and finish up at the Naval Academy for the month of June. He's also done quiete a few more big moves than I have, and is a little more used to the goodbye's and hello's.

In the meantime, we've enjoyed every last moment here! Annapolis has been John and I's first move together....the first place we've put our roots down as a married couple, where we had our first child....the list goes on! And God has been SO faithful! We have been so blessed by our church, neighborhood, even the Naval Academy, and the great friends we have from each place! for me, this is another 'welcome to Navy life' I guess, where the words of the song "Make new friends, but keep the old...." really rings true! Annapolis...we will miss you so much!!
!

No comments: